Monday 13 May 2013

The other day I went for an essay writing competition organized somewhere in my town. The topic was cleanliness,a really ubiquitous stuff in media, newspapers and magazines. I wrote well,really well, indeed. I went out of the hall. Between the students rushing and grumbling, it was really getting stuffy and I was actually hungry. I went out on the street that was entirely stinking. And to see those burgeoning mounds of garbage and rag pickers picking up dirt was actually horrible sight. I had some biscuits and muffins in my hand  wrapped in stiff plastic polythene. I was walking on street with hand over my mouth and with the other I ate that all. When I was done, I almost approached my hand to throw it in the stinky garbage that laid around. But it was just then I realized that it was just an hour go that I wrote that "shit" about cleanliness. "People need to be aware about cleanliness and the drives ought to be more effective". I really can't understand how I wrote all those pages criticizing my city for not being clean, when I actually don't feel a heck about it.
We all can speak hours on issues like pollution,conservation, environmental degradation, but to actually think about it how much all we are aware of these things and to what extent do we follow the policies and ideas that we believer others should do.
I would just like to end up saying that it's high time we grow up and do things we really need to do rather than chatting and watching idiotic T.V. shows.We actually need to be bothered about environment. It's not something only confined to essay writing competitions or debates.
Give a thought to it. What have we done for our Earth? And what do we have to give to our future generations other than some money and worthless possessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment